After a three-year hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Alabama Robotics Competition returned to campus this April. Organized by the computer science department, since 2011 the competition has been an annual tradition that brings hundreds of budding programmers, computer scientists and robotics students to campus.
See the students and their robots in action
2023 Award Recipients
The following teams and participants received awards at the 2023 event (the team numbers can be cross-referenced with the official contest schedule and team rosters for student names).
- First Place: Verner Elementary School #49
- Second Place: Tuscaloosa Magnet Elementary #47
- Third Place: Walter Jackson Elementary School #51
- Honorable Mention: Walter Jackson Elementary School #52
- First Place: Northside Middle School #32
- Second Place: Eastwood Middle School #22
- Third Place: Northridge Middle School #29
- Honorable Mention: Decatur Middle School #20
- Special Mention: Tuscaloosa Academy #35
- First Place: Paul Bryant High School #13
- Second Place: LAMP High School #9
- Third Place: John LeFlore Magnet High School #7
- Honorable Mention: LAMP High School #10
- Special Mention: Mortimer Jordan HS #11
See more information about the competition, teams and challenge.