The UA Student Government Association has set the Spring 2023 SGA General Election for Feb. 28. Voting will be open on myBama from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Interested candidates and their campaign managers must attend one of the mandatory candidate interest meetings to be held Jan. 30 through Feb. 2 at 6:15 p.m. via Zoom.
The sessions will cover the election timeline, candidacy requirements and campaign regulations as well as the roles and responsibilities of each electable position. Additionally, the information sessions will explain the application process for the Student Judiciary and include an overview of the entire SGA organization.
The available executive council positions include president; executive vice president; vice president for student affairs; vice president for academic affairs; vice president for financial affairs; vice president for external affairs; vice president for diversity, equity, and inclusion and executive secretary.
The apportionment of seats for the 28th Senate approved by the SGA is as follows:
- Capstone College of Nursing – 2 seats
- College of Arts and Sciences – 10 seats
- College of Communication and Information Sciences – 3 seats
- College of Education – 3 seats
- College of Engineering – 6 seats
- College of Human Environmental Sciences – 3 seats
- Culverhouse College of Business – 12 seats
- Graduate School – 7 seats
- School of Law – 2 seats
- School of Social Work – 2 seats
Students interested in running for an elected SGA position should be aware that the candidacy filing period is Feb. 6-10 and the candidacy filing deadline is 11:59 p.m. on Feb. 10.
Ansley Stamper, chair of the Student Elections Board, firstname.lastname@example.org