The University of Alabama College of Communication and Information Sciences has opened its search for its next dean.
The dean will develop a future-oriented vision for the college and provide leadership on planning, curricular, research and budgetary decisions. The dean will also engage with alumni, the business community and state and federal government officials to advance the goals of the college and University.
Dr. Andrew Billings, professor with the department of journalism and creative media, is serving as chair of the search committee. Billings is joined by committee members elected from the college including:
- Dr. Cynthia Peacock, assistant professor, communication studies
- Dr. Kristen Warner, associate professor, journalism and creative media
- Jay Waters, instructor, advertising and public relations
- Dr. Steven Yates, assistant professor, library and information studies
Committee members appointed by UA President Stuart R. Bell include:
- Melanie Danner, director of financial affairs, College of Communication and Information Sciences
- Dr. Donald Gilstrap, dean, UA Libraries
- Debra Nelson, president, Elevate LLC
- Dr. Christine Taylor, vice president and associate provost, UA Division of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The College of Communication and Information Sciences is among the most distinguished academic units at the University. The college’s doctoral program ranked second in graduation efficiency among the nation’s mass communication programs, the forensics program has won 19 national team championships and PRWeek has recognized the public relations program as one of the nation’s top five programs in each of the last five years.
The college has a faculty of eminent teachers and scholars with national and international reputations. Alumni, who include Fortune 500 CEOs, Pulitzer Prize winners and leaders in the communication and information professions, are loyal and generous supporters of the college.
A full description of the position and information on how to apply is available online.
Bryant Welbourne, UA Strategic Communications, email@example.com