Since unveiling its strategic plan, Advancing the Flagship, in 2016, The University of Alabama has made substantial progress on its goals and objectives.
Over the past five years, these goals have been monitored and their advancements have been captured on the UA website. Continuing and expanding upon this progress, President Stuart R. Bell has announced a review of the University’s strategic plan. The review will assess accomplishments and opportunities for continued growth and ensure the plan remains aligned with best practices and UA’s mission.
A committee of faculty, staff and students has been established to execute the review. The committee will meet throughout the 2021-2022 academic year to discuss ways to enhance the current plan and will present its findings in May 2022.
Review Committee Members
- Joy Burnham, faculty appointee; and professor, counselor education
- Susan Carvalho, dean, Graduate School
- Jillian Fields, president, Student Government Association
- Chapman Greer, president, Faculty Senate; and clinical instructor of management, Culverhouse College of Business
- Jonathon Halbesleben, dean, College of Continuing Studies
- Delphine Harris, president, Professional Staff Assembly; and executive director, Business Process Innovation
- Adam Hauser, faculty appointee; and associate professor and vice chair for undergraduate studies, department of physics and astronomy; and A&S Leadership Board Faculty Fellow
- Quin Kelly, president, Graduate Student Association
- LeNá Powe McDonald, director of internal affairs in the Office of the President; and committee co-chair and staff
- Russ Mumper, vice president, Research and Economic Development
- Angel Narvaez-Lugo, president, Office, Clerical, & Technical Staff Assembly; and interim adviser to the Student Government Association
- Myron Pope, vice president, Student Life
- Christine Taylor, associate provost and vice president, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Chad Tindol, chief administrative officer and chair
The University of Alabama, part of The University of Alabama System, is the state’s flagship university. UA shapes a better world through its teaching, research and service. With a global reputation for excellence, UA provides an inclusive, forward-thinking environment and nearly 200 degree programs on a beautiful, student-centered campus. A leader in cutting-edge research, UA advances discovery, creative inquiry and knowledge through more than 30 research centers. As the state’s largest higher education institution, UA drives economic growth in Alabama and beyond.