Phase One: Road Closure
Affected: University Boulevard eastbound and westbound lanes from Hackberry Lane to Devotie Drive
Closed: Starting Dec. 17, 2018, and lasting until Jan. 5, 2019.
- Devotie Drive will be completely closed in both directions from University Boulevard to Fourth Street.
- Southbound traffic on Devotie Drive will not be allowed onto University Boulevard.
- Pay attention to detour signage on how to navigate around the work area.
Phase Two: Lane Closure
Affected: University Boulevard eastbound lane from Sixth Avenue to Hackberry Lane.
Closed: Jan. 7, 2019, and lasting until Jan. 12, 2019.
- Eastbound traffic on University Boulevard will be shifted into the center turning lane.
- Eastbound traffic on University Boulevard will still be able to travel north, east or south once at Hackberry Lane.
- This should have no affect on westbound traffic.
The University of Alabama, part of The University of Alabama System, is the state’s flagship university. UA shapes a better world through its teaching, research and service. With a global reputation for excellence, UA provides an inclusive, forward-thinking environment and nearly 200 degree programs on a beautiful, student-centered campus. A leader in cutting-edge research, UA advances discovery, creative inquiry and knowledge through more than 30 research centers. As the state’s largest higher education institution, UA drives economic growth in Alabama and beyond.