During the first week of classes at The University of Alabama, 60,000 masks will be given away to students at four campus hubs. They are available while supplies last, with a limit of two per student.
Face coverings are required on campus, with limited exceptions.
Locations and times for mask distribution:
- Bidgood Hall, Student Services Suite 10
- Monday, Aug. 17 to Friday, Aug. 21, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Gorgas Library, Campus Drive Entrance
- Monday, Aug. 17 and Tuesday, Aug. 18, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 19 to Friday, Aug. 21, from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Student Recreation Center, Front Desk
- Monday, Aug. 17, to Friday, Aug. 21, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Ferguson Student Center, Information Booth
- Monday, Aug. 17, to Friday, Aug. 21, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Transportation Services will also give away masks at various bus stops, and they have also distributed masks to off-campus apartments. Each student moving on campus through Housing and Residential Communities was issued two masks each during check-in.
The University of Alabama, the state’s oldest and largest public institution of higher education, is a student-centered research university that draws the best and brightest to an academic community committed to providing a premier undergraduate and graduate education. UA is dedicated to achieving excellence in scholarship, collaboration and intellectual engagement; providing public outreach and service to the state of Alabama and the nation; and nurturing a campus environment that fosters collegiality, respect and inclusivity.